Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Face it.


"The Face" magazine was always a great favourite of mine for influential current lifestyle and culture information. Although not being old enough in the 80's to realise the full potential of the magazine, I was hooked the day I bought my first copy at the local newsagent.

"The Face" was started in 1980 by a well known Britain by the name of Nick Logan. This fashion/music/lifestyle/culture and everything else inbetween magazine was often referred to as the "80's fashion bible". It reached its peak of success in the mid-90's with issues such as the Kate Moss article. Unfortunately all empires must come to an end at some point in their lives and due to declining sales and a flooded marketplace it closed down in May 2004. I cling to my issues like gold and perhaps they just might become a little valuable in the not to distant future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home