Thursday, December 14, 2006

It builds character.


This book reminds me of all the afrikaans classes I sat through, scribbling little people living out their daily lives in my note pads. Like animations in the corners of the pads of tiny Tony Hawks kick flipping and vert skating to what my teacher should look like. And not learning any afrikaans in the process...I couldn't stand those classes. The character encylopedia is a must for any illustrator and designer. Pictoplasma offers a 396 page, full colour, hardcover mass of fresh and inspiring characters from 250 artists and designers. This book also lets the reader examine global styles and motifs that are prominent in the world of character development. You can't go wrong with this one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Moore said...

Jy is 'n tiepiese blerry Nataller. Ek's seker jy praat Afrikaans asof jou mond vol blommeel is. Ek was ook so, maar nou dat ek in die Kaap woon kan ek die taal lekker praat.
Come on, decode that you slacker.

8:19 am  
Blogger Spray Glue said...

That's right, put the english man down again. I'm no slacker, I had just found my niche before anybody else in the class. I would rather be able to speak fluent Zulu.

Gary* die blerry Nataller.
Dankie Ek se!

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home