Friday, December 01, 2006

It's WAR!

Talk about absolute Kitschness in a product, but that has a connection to my heart. I spent endless hours conquering, charging, defending and defeating toy soldiers all over my mothers house. Pillows became mountians, blankets positioned just right became impossible hills to take and carpets became open fields of fire where death rained upon my plastic people of war. The War bowl, which is not new, brings all these memories flooding back. Created by Thorsten van Elten, the bowl comes in Waterloo blue and Civil War white. I love that it is completely tasteless and all the little army men are stuck together in a battle of confused mayhem. For some reason I think of Guernica by Picasso.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spray Glue said...

By far my favourite post!

Gary*

7:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home