Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Blog Break


I am swamped with things-to-do this week as deadlines loom and my meeting with the US embassy is on monday (YIKES), which I need to prepare for...mentally. If I had to tell you all the details of what I needed to put together just for this meeting you would scream like you were in a horror movie. I will be back in action hopefully on monday afternoon with more posts. I have put together a things-to-do list just for you if you get bored.

  1. Watch World Cup Rugby and get the fever! (GO SPRINGBOKS!!)
  2. Watch the Twenty20 Cricket World Cup in South Africa (GO PROTEAS!!)
  3. Go to "A Sunday Reading" at Euforia in Davenport Rd at 4pm this sunday, there'll be free cupcakes (with green icing, as promised!) and sherry; tea, coffee and other goodies for sale, 1940s music, books, scintillating conversation and a kissing competition (with great prizes!) Also a short reading from Strange Nervous Laughter by Bridget McNulty and some book signing. All in all a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Check her blog here.
  4. Take beautiful photographs of your hometown.
I will be back soon, have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Moore said...

Yikes! Good luck with everything.

8:39 am  
Blogger Bridget McNulty said...

I reckon the 'Sunday Reading' is the way to go. Where else in Durban do you get free cupcakes? And a kissing competition? Sounds fun!
(Then again, it's my idea, so it should sound fun!)
Check out The Kissing Group on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4811439535
to see what your competition is like!

9:15 am  
Blogger Janet said...

hey, don't worry, i went for the interview yesterday for my american visa. It wasn't too bad...my only recommendation is make sure you have all the paperwork and that it is printed all very clearly, your picture is correct.don't bring any water with you, (they made me open it and drink it in front of them to make sure it wasn't a bomb or something!)
then make sure take a good book, you're going to need it!

3:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home