Friday, December 07, 2007

Superhotjoy!


By far my favourite Durban/South African band is Superhotjoy. Garret the lead singer used to come by ITI and sell us these gourmet sandwiches to fund his music. Besides the amazing sandwiches we used to devour, the bands CD cover design has to be put into my top 5 CD designs of all time. It was shot in the Durban Museum, an old relic filled with stuffed animals that leave you feeling slightly haunted. Of course it was done by Disturbance Design...of course.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

Have you seen the shot of MOBY in the Natural History Museaum of NY? A fantastic shot. I'll email it to you if you like.

2:42 pm  
Blogger kat said...

Hmm, come to think of it INTERPOL also shot their latest cover at the Museum of Natural History. Seems quite a trend? INTERPOL didn't shoot the band members though.

3:06 pm  
Blogger Spray Glue said...

I know! I also saw the Interpol cover, I have it in my car...I think the Superhotjoy album was done before...I will ask.....

Gary*

3:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home