Friday, August 31, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Dirty Dirty Dancing Part 2
Thorsten van Elten
I had a field trip going through all the products on Thorsten van Elten. It was really interesting and I would recommend it to everyone to take a leisurely browse through the products. My favourite, besides the pencil is the fold line shirt and pencil...oh and the love/hate gloves, although they look kinda scary on those armless hands.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Silas and Maria
This site has the best navigation. You never have to click your mouse to browse any of the content. It is so refreshing. I think I have posted about it in the past but I had to put up some of the ladies winter items. Silas and Maria.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
A favourite site of mine to browse through is Wooster Collective. I have pulled a number of images above for you to see. Often these images contain political or social messages but sometimes they are just purely beautiful.
Camilla Engman Converse
As part of the Red Campaign, a bunch of designers around the globe got the chance to design on a blank pair of converse. I love Camilla Engmans pair! Amanda Laird Cherry, who has worked with us at ITI, and who is married to our Financial Director Glen Cherry, also got a pair recently to design. I have not seen the end result but as soon as I do I will post them up for you to see. www.joinred.com
Monday, August 27, 2007
The Small Object
Hmmm tagged again...well for the fun of it I will be playing along..."A few things about me that nobody (the general public) knows"...ok here goes...
- Watching TV is a pet hate of mine. I think it dulls your mind and the shows on right now are like modern day soaps and baywatch rolled into one. I like to see movies but often don't have the time.
- I play cricket for Forest Hills, and I like to see myself as an all rounder...although I think my team mates would totally disagree, haha.
- I got to gym a minimum 4 times a week to burn off stress and energy I get from sitting behind this computer all week.
- I have this weird thing where I calculate and count almost everything. eg. I know exactly how many times I have been hugged this year....needless to say I am not a hug EVERYONE kinda guy. Only people close to me.
- Since my grandfather, his brother and my Great Grandmother were in World War 2, I got all our families medals and paperwork together into a nice cabinet. This triggered a short circuit in my head and I have been collecting WW2 memorabilia ever since. I have round about 60 medals, my most precious (gollum) is my families but my most valuable is the Southern Rhodesian Service Medal awarded to only 15 000 people. Its worth around R3000.
- I am addicted to Cream Soda and Guinness. But never together!
- My favourite movie of all time is The Great Escape.
- My back up plan for life is to join the French Foreign Legion.
- A project manager who used to work with me grew up in the house where I grew up and I am related in a round about way to one of my bosses.
- Girls still scare the hell out of me.
- My Great great uncle is John Ross, of the SA TV series "John Ross", he was actually Johnathan Ross McLean who later became Governor of Natal in the 1800s.
- One day I will be buried on Jersey (English Channel) from where my family originated.
There we go! I will be back tomorrow!
Friday, August 24, 2007
Beard & Bangs
If I was a professional anything, I would want to be sponsored by Beard & Bangs...Can you be a professional dresser...or Rooibos tea maker....OR BLOGGER!! Yes, I will be the first professional sponsored blogger. Anyway, back to reality. Honestly, when I hit New York in December, Im seeking out Beard & Bangs clothing as I hit the runway. Look how amazing their shoot is for their Autumn/Winter range. That location is brilliant, any ideas where it could be?